Harrisons Bird Foods – Bird Bread Mix – Original
A Premium Certified Organic, non-GMO Verified “Bake at Home” Bird Bread Mix
Uses and Storage
- Certified organic and non-GMO verified
- Provides a healthy alternative for bird owners who choose to prepare their own bird food or those who give regular treats to their birds
- Can be offered instead of table food to birds that like to eat at family mealtimes
- Can be used to assist in converting birds to a formulated diet
- Can be hidden as a foraging reward
- Can be used as a vehicle for administering liquid medications
- Provides an easy-to-use transition for hospitalized or boarding birds until acceptance of the appropriate formulated diet
- Can be moistened and offered to birds that are feeding chicks as a soft food
- Can be used as a weaning food to transition to a formulated diet
- May make up to 30% of the daily diet.
- *For maximum nutrition, use 1 TBS organic palm fruit oil instead of cooking oil when baking.*
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C) .
- Combine entire bag of mix with 2 whole organic eggs – no shell (remove yolk for less fat), 1 TBS high quality organic vegetable oil (or red palm fruit oil), and 1 cup (235 ml) water.
- Fill greased bread pan or muffin tins and bake for 25-35 minutes.
- Do not bake in nonstick (PTFE-coated) cookware, as the fumes are toxic to birds.
- If prepared with the addition of fruits, vegetables or nuts, Bird Bread should be considered a “treat” and fed only in limited quantities (no more than 10% of the daily food allotment when combined with all other treats).
- Can be served warm.
- Some flavorings (vanilla, maple) or herbs can be added as long as they do not change the nutritional content.
- Bird Bread can be stored for 1 week in the refrigerator and up to 6 weeks in the freezer after baking.
- Baked Bird Bread can be divided into portions, wrapped in plastic wrap and placed back in the original Harrison’s Bird Foods bag for storage in the freezer.
- Bird Bread should not be reheated in a plastic container.
FLAX & MILLET: *CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT
GUARANTEED ANALYSIS: Crude protein (min.) 14%, crude fat (min.) 9%, crude fiber (max.) 5%, moisture (max.) 10%
*indicates organic ingredient